Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The first day of school

After weeks of anticipation the big day was finally here. Lunches were made, back packs ready, and clothes were laid out. I had two very excited kids this morning. Our plan is to walk to school as much as possible so we headed out on foot at 8am. Our first stop was San Ramon elementary, Kenzie's new school. I was so excited for her but also a little sad. My first born baby girl was heading off to kindergarten. How did this happen? Didn't two scared parents just bring her home from the hospital to a small apartment in the city. As other parents are always saying to me "time really does fly"!  We got to the play yard early to meet up with friends. Kenzie was all smiles. Then it was time. Her teacher Miss Colonna came out to greet us. She had the kids line up, wave goodbye and head into the classroom. Kenzie waved goodbye without a care in the world. I waited until she was out of sight and then I shed a few tears. Happy tears of course. I was so proud of this outgoing little girl, and so excited for the future year that lies ahead of her.

Walking to school



Logan, Mackenzie & Kyle

  
Mackenzie & Miss Colonna
walking into school
Next it was Finn's turn so we headed to All Saints preschool. Finn has always been my shy guy so I was a little nervous for him. Luckily he's been there to drop off and pick up Kenzie many times. We brought him with the promise of fire trucks. He met his teacher Renee and didn't want to get too close so we sat him down at a table with a fire truck puzzle. Jim and I both gave him a kiss and disappeared while he was playing and hoped for the best.




 After drop offs Jim and I headed to a parents brunch with Emersyn. We had a fun morning chatting with other Moms, Jim was the token Dad of the day. Then it was home to work around the house for an hour. The house was unbelievably quiet. This is going to take some getting used to. I am sure that Emme and I will find lots to keep us busy but its been a long time since there was only one little person in the house. Before I knew it, it was time for pick up. I was greeted by two very happy children. Finn ran to me and gave me one the best hugs ever! Kenzie couldn't wait to tell me everything she had done in class. I'm so excited for my children. I think this is going to be a great school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment