Monday, August 15, 2011

Fun at the Beach

This was our last full week of summer before schools started and I wanted to do some fun activities with the kids. One thing we had not done yet was to go to the local beach. This was mainly because I was afraid that I would not be able to handle everyone. I decided that there would be no bathing suits and beach towels. I packed up the kids and the dog with the premise that we were going to take a walk and look for shells. When we got there Finn surprised me by being terrified of the water. He kept dragging up the beach, he didn't he want to step in the wet sand. Maybe he still remembers his under water experience from Crescent City. Well it made my job easier. Everyone sat in one spot looking at shells while I threw sticks for Durham. The old man was in heaven. He doesn't go on a lot of field trips these days and this was always one of his favorites. After convincing Mackenzie that it wasn't a good idea to bring crab shells home we compromised on a white sea shell. It was a surprisingly peaceful afternoon with my 3 little cuties and my favorite canine.












No comments:

Post a Comment