Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Tonight was Christmas Eve and Anne & Levi came up for dinner and a sleep over. They wanted to be here for Christmas morning and we were pretty sure our crazy crew would be up early. I decided to cook paella and try my hand at making tiramisu. Something I always love to order when I'm out, but never want to make for just us, knowing I would probably eat the whole thing! Some of my lady fingers floated to the top but otherwise I thought it was a success, and tasted yummy. Now what to do with that almost full bottle of brandy I have left?

chicken nuggets at the kids table
After dinner we worked on making cookies for Santa, and then Jim, Jeanne and I took Kenzie to a candle light service at the local Presbyterian church. The service was nice and the music was beautiful.  When we got home we quickly got into jammies and put out our cookies for Santa. We decided that this year Santa might like a glass of red wine. All that milk gets old and we wanted to make sure this house stood out for Santa!




Lucky for us we got to bed just in time. While we were reading stories we heard the sleigh bells from Santa's sleigh! Santa was really good to the Malcolm's again this year. We are truly blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment